Location: 1 in Karachi (only Sindh Based Preferably Local)
Women Are highly encouraged to apply
Start Date: July/August 2022
Reporting Line: Procurement & HR Manager
Project Background and Objectives
Delivering Accelerated Family Planning in Pakistan (DAFPAK) programme aims to expand access to quality family planning (FP) services in the public and private sectors. Funded by the UK’s Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO), this initiative has four components, which are implemented by different consortia/partners as described below:
- Component 1: Behaviour Change Communication (BCC) implemented by M&C Saatchi
- Component 2(a): Private Sector Service Delivery implemented by PSI, MSI and DKT
- Component 2(b): Public Sector Service Delivery (PSSD) implemented by Palladium and its partners
- Component 3: Enabling Environment – Advocacy and Policy Development led by UNFPA
- Component 4: Audits, Third Party Validation, Monitoring and Research led by Integrity
The DAFPAK component 2(b) (i.e., PSSD) started in August 2019. As a result of COVID-19 pandemic, PSSD activities were scaled down during the FYs 20/21 and 21/22. Recently, the DAFPAK PSSD has received a no-cost extension and will implement its interventions in accordance with the revised scope of work. The project will now continue till June 2024.
Building on our previous work, Palladium, and its consortium partner (Pathfinder International) will engage with the provincial and district-level governments in pursuit of four outputs:
- Output 1: Improve FP coordination for the implementation of Result-Based Management Frameworks and CCI recommendation at provincial levels
- Output 2: Strengthen procurement and distribution of contraceptive commodities to the last mile
- Output 3: Bolster FP data systems and build a culture of data demand and evidence use for decision-making
- Output 4: Improve access to, and quality of, FP services
Palladium and its consortium partner will strengthen FP service provision in the public sector across 20 districts in three provinces of Punjab (6), Sindh (10) and KP (4). For the delivery of its objectives, DAFPAK PSSD will establish provincial teams comprising of Team Leads and team members supporting M&E, Quality of Care, Coordination, and Ops in each province. The project will also maintain a lean and agile TA support at Islamabad level to strengthen federal and provincial collaboration.
The role of the Operations & Logistics Officer is to play a lead role in coordinating the logistics, event, trainings and workshop management and administrative services for DAFPAK so that delivery of project activities can be implemented to ensure smooth and good quality. The position is responsible to ensure essential business support services are provided to the project in compliance with the corporate policies of Palladium as well as of FCDO.
The Operations & Logistics Officer will plan, coordinate, and deliver the logistical arrangements for DAFPAK related events, travel, workshops/trainings etc. to the highest quality keeping in line with Palladium and FCDO policies. The Officer will be expected to develop a monthly logistical calendar in accordance with the project’s work plan while working in close coordination with the Procurement and HR Manager in Islamabad to ensure effective planning for best value for money. The Officer will also lead the general admin support services including vehicle management, record management, dealing with the authorized vendor, regular contacts with other Palladium core functions mainly the security team so that business support services are delivered in a coherent manner.
Details of the key responsibilities include:
Specific Tasks and Deliverables
- Facilitate Provincial programme staff and partners in arranging Logistics for smooth implementation of the programme in the selected districts.
- Ensure planned activities are fully in compliance with the policies of DAFPAK
- Ensure Quality delivery of services during the trainings
- Ensure the travel and logistics arrangements are made as per requested by the programme team and as per Policies of the Programme
- Vehicle and driver management
- Office Management and ensure cleanliness of the office and all office equipment is in working condition.
- Liaise with Programme team for quarterly planning of the activities.
- Compliance Checks on the payments of DSAs and M&IE made for travel of Meeting participants and Programme team
- Due diligence of the claims for M&IE, Lodging and Travel are authentic
- Maintain petty cash of respective project offices for petty cash expenses.
- Process payments of items or services Purchased in the field.
- Provide Logistical support for meetings, workshops, seminars etc. in respective districts.
- Ensure maintenance of records and timely payment from finance for all types of bills, claims by vendors and ensure timely payment of utility bills.
- Assist Procurement & HR Manager in the recruitment of staff hiring.
- Assist Procurement & HR Manager to ensure timely completion of day to day assigned tasks.
- Inventory Management
- Provision of equipment, office space to long-term staff. This will be managed in consultation with the Procurement & HR Manager.
- Ensure clearance of mobile phone bills as per the limit assigned, claims by vendors and ensure timely payment of utility bills as applicable.
- Provide general support to visitors.
- Address queries regarding office management issues (e.g. stationary, hardware and travel arrangements).
- Plan in-house or off-site meetings in close coordination with the Procurement & HR Manager in Islamabad.
The Operations & Logistics Officer is full time positions based in Karachi (Sindh) that reports to the Procurement & HR Manager in Islamabad.
Qualifications and Experience
- At least three to five years of experience of same nature. Experience in FCDO funded projects is desirable.Ability to meet deadlines and work under significant professional and environmental pressure.
- Ability to work independently.
- Computer competency with spreadsheets, databases, and word processing suites.
- Strong interpersonal skills, flexibility, and patience.
- Must be Master’s or Bachelors in any discipline
- Fluent in spoken and written English and Urdu, knowledge of local language will be a plus.
- Any other task assigned by the Management.
- Women Candidates highly encouraged
- Local Candidate will be preffered