This web site might comprise affiliate hyperlinks and promoting in order that we will present recipes to you. Learn my privateness coverage.
These eggnog cookies are comfortable, chewy, and fantastically flavored with hints of cinnamon and nutmeg. They’ll turn out to be quick favorites with their heavenly eggnog glaze!
Eggnog cookies are the right addition to your vacation cookie repertoire. You’ll should strive my conventional Italian Christmas cookies, snow kiss cookies, and naturally my do-it-yourself Danish butter cookies, for candy treats all season lengthy.
Eggnog Cookies Recipe
When eggnog exhibits up on the grocery retailer cabinets you already know the vacations have arrived! Eggnog’s distinct style and creaminess is delectable. I do know some individuals don’t like eggnog however as soon as they fight certainly one of these cookies they’ll be a believer. The eggnog taste could be very refined and splendidly balanced with the cinnamon and nutmeg. The cookies themselves are so comfortable and the glaze on high is divine! My thighs might be grateful that I gave a few of these away, however geez it was a tough factor to do!
Tremendous simple to make, these cookies are scrumptious with a young crumb and a comfortable and chewy heart. The eggnog glaze provides the cookies that further particular look in addition to one other delicate kick of eggnog taste. Even my husband who hates eggnog cherished these cookies. The style simply screams Christmas. Seize a mug of peppermint scorching chocolate, cozy up on the sofa, and eat these to your coronary heart’s content material. You’ll thank me later.
Eggnog Cookie Substances
Eggnog is available from November by way of December and typically even into January. These cookies solely use half a cup of eggnog so there might be lots leftover to drink! You’ll be able to even use the leftovers in these eggnog meltaways or glazed eggnog pound cake. So good!! Word: all measurements could be discovered under within the recipe card.
- Flour: All-purpose flour works nice right here! Be sure you measure out your flour to maintain your cookies from turning out dry.
- Baking Powder: Makes your eggnog cookies rise correctly within the oven.
- Nutmeg: A traditional vacation spice!
- Cinnamon: Provides a pleasant complimentary style to the nutmeg.
- White Sugar: Common granulated sugar will give your cookies the right sweetness.
- Butter: You’ll need your butter to be softened however not melted. This manner, it’s going to combine into the cookie dough extra simply.
- Eggnog: You need to use mild or full-fat eggnog.
- Vanilla: Provides a pleasant mellow taste. Change with eggnog extract for further taste.
- Egg Yolks: Sure you learn that proper, simply the yolks.
- Powdered Sugar: Sift your powdered sugar to cut back lumps.
- Eggnog: Add slowly to the powdered sugar to get the right easy consistency.
Let’s Make Eggnog Cookies!
These eggnog cookies are so fast and simple to make! Including eggnog drizzle and sprinkling them with a contact of nutmeg provides them that elegant look, moreover a contact of additional taste. These are going to be a brand new household favourite. When you haven’t discovered a dessert for Christmas dinner, these cookies are the right alternative!
- Preheat Oven: Preheat your oven to 300 levels.
- Combine Dry Substances: In a big bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Put aside.
- Butter Combination: Cream sugar and butter collectively in mixing bowl.
- Combine Moist Substances: Add eggnog, vanilla, and egg yolks. Beat at medium velocity with a mixer till easy.
- Mix: Add the flour combination and beat at low velocity till mixed. Don’t over-mix.
- Add to Baking Sheet: Use a cookie scoop or spoon onto ungreased cookie sheet and sprinkle the cookies with nutmeg.
- Bake: Bake 15-18 minutes (mine took 17) till the sides are calmly brown.
- Put together Glaze: Whereas the cookies are within the oven make the glaze by combining the powdered sugar with 3 tablespoons of eggnog.
- Add Glaze and Serve: Drizzle the glaze over your cookies and devour!
Ideas and Methods
Making cookies is fairly simple, however I do know it can be tough to get them excellent. Typically it’s only a matter of creating positive you do just a few easy issues to good them. Listed below are just a few ideas and methods which have actually helped me!
- The Cookie Sheet: One of many greatest errors when making cookies, is spraying the cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray. Until a recipe tells you particularly to grease a cookie sheet, don’t. The fats within the cookies will soften whereas the cookies cook dinner and unfold on their very own. When you spray it they’ll unfold an excessive amount of and turn out to be flat and overbaked. Use parchment paper to line your baking tray, not solely does it guarantee your cookies gained’t stick, it makes for simple cleanup.
- Measure: Measure your components exactly. Getting an excessive amount of or too little of an ingredient can alter the feel and style. Particularly on the subject of the fats or the flour. Spoon flour right into a measuring cup and stage with a desk knife to get it excellent. Relating to the fats in cookies, whether or not it’s oil, shortening, or butter, comply with the directions. Melted, softened, or chilled will all have an effect on the result of your cookies.
- Combine: Observe the recipe’s directions on the subject of mixing. Cream the butter and sugar however don’t over-mix your cookie dough. This could trigger an excessive amount of air to kind within the dough which can trigger the eggnog cookies to break down whereas they bake.
Storing Leftover Eggnog Cookies
I doubt you’ll have leftovers of those tasty eggnog cookies, however in case you do, right here’s maintain them tasting contemporary!
- Within the Fridge: Retailer leftover cookies in an hermetic container for 3-4 days. I like to recommend letting them come to room temperature earlier than you serve them in order that they’re not arduous.
Preheat your oven to 300 levels.
Mix the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg. Put aside.
Cream sugar and butter collectively in mixing bowl.
Add eggnog, vanilla, and egg yolks. Beat at medium velocity with a mixer till easy.
Add the flour combination and beat at low velocity till mixed. Don’t over-mix.
Spoon onto ungreased cookie sheet or parchment paper and sprinkle the cookies with nutmeg.
Bake 15-18 minutes, mine took 17, till the sides are calmly brown.
Whereas the cookies are within the oven make the glaze by combining the powdered sugar with 3 tablespoons of eggnog.
Drizzle the glaze over your cookies and devour!
Initially posted on November 30, 2012
Up to date on December 23, 2022
Energy64kcal (3%)Carbohydrates1gProtein1g (2%)Fats6g (9%)Saturated Fats4g (20%)Ldl cholesterol36mg (12%)Sodium55mg (2%)Potassium32mg (1%)Fiber1g (4%)Sugar1g (1%)Vitamin A214IU (4%)Vitamin C1mg (1%)Calcium20mg (2%)Iron1mg (6%)
All dietary data is predicated on third get together calculations and is just an estimate. Every recipe and dietary worth will fluctuate relying on the manufacturers you employ, measuring strategies and portion sizes per family.