Contour Software is a wholly owned subsidiary of
Constellation Software Inc. (CSI), which acquires, manages and builds market-leading software businesses that develop industry-specific, mission-critical enterprise software solutions to serve both the public and private sectors. Prior to going public in 2006, CSI won the prestigious “Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies” award in 2005. Headquartered in Toronto, Canada, and with a global presence, CSI’s subsidiaries operate in more than 80 different industries in over 100 countries, generating annual revenues in excess of $3 Billion.
Contour Software currently houses remote employees for more than 80 Departments (R&D, Finance, IT, Customer Support, Professional Services and Other) belonging to more than 40 of CSI’s 500+ divisions, in 3 offices [KHI, LHE & ISB]. Contour employees are key players in implementing, supporting, extending, enhancing, and renewing enterprise systems that run thousands of medium and large businesses as well as public institutions, globally
Harris Local Government is a division of Harris Computer Corporation and its parent company, Constellation Software, which serves over 125,000 customers in over 100 countries relying on its innovative public and private sector software solutions.
Harris Local Government has empowered public sector leaders by providing specialized, mission-critical software designed specifically to meet their fund accounting, human resources, regulatory, and billing needs. Our portfolio of innovative solutions combined with our staff’s extensive experience allows us to help our clients revolutionize their internal processes so they can serve their communities better.
We are looking for a
Data Conversion Specialist, to join our SmartFusion Professional Services Team, reporting to the Professional Services Manager. In the key role of interpreting business rules and data, our customers will rely on your skills and knowledge to migrate data from various systems.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Develop/test/execute data conversion routines within an established conversion framework in a timely and accurate manner.
- Develop and maintain internal and customer-facing conversion documentation.
- Convert data from multiple data sources into Microsoft SQL Server.
- Create Complex T-SQL scripts with limited assistance
- Verify data integrity and identify data cleanliness issues.
- Reconcile converted data to ensure accuracy.
- Communicate effectively with management.
- Develop good working relationships with departmental staff in order to troubleshoot technical and functional issues that may arise during the implementation process.
- Document customer data requirements and work with the project management team to determine out of scope items.
- Multitask and manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously.
The chosen individuals will work out of the Contour Software Karachi resource center office, as an extension of the division-based R&D department.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in a technical discipline. Computer Science Majors most preferred.
- Strong communication (written and verbal), organizational & interpersonal skills.
- Intermediate to Advanced SQL skills including the ability to use Common Table Expression (CTE), joins, SQL statements (insert, delete, update, and alter), restore and backup databases, import and export files in SQL.
- General working knowledge of western accounting and billing data and practices, including Fund Ledger (General Ledger), Accounts Payable, Payroll, Bank Reconciliation, Fixed Assets, Utility billing, and Tax. Familiarity with the Local Government Accounting is a plus.
- Intermediate and/or Advanced excel skills.
- Advanced PowerShell skills including the ability to write code, execute, optimize current code, and utilize all the features of PowerShell.
- Experience in migrating/converting data
- Strong test documentation, management, execution and reporting skills.
- Strong ability to understand business process and logic.
- Ability to perform comfortably in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented agile work environment.
- Ability to see the big picture and the ability to think outside the box.
Exciting Benefits we offer:
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage – Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees Only]
- Life Benefit
- Child Care Facility
- Company Provided Lunch/Dinner
- Professional Development Budget
- Recreational area for in-house games
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Leave Encashment