8th July, 2022
Last date to apply
16th July, 2022
Monitoring & Evaluation
Data Analyst – Net Zero Carbon Management Program
The Aga Khan Health Service (AKHS) is pioneering the science of benchmarking and reducing its carbon emissions across its operations in 8 countries. All operations aim to get to Net Zero by, if not before, 2030. This is ambitious, but necessary to mitigate the climate crisis. As a world leader, the AKHS has, upon the invitation of the World Health Organisation, shared its tools and approaches with over 30 governments to share its work and widen impact. The AKHS has two years’ worth of carbon emissions data and aims to track and report progress with its continued efforts. AKSH is looking for a highly talented and creative data analyst to join us in this world-leading effort – someone who shares our commitment to finding solutions to the climate crisis.
Prior experience in this field is not needed as training in carbon footprinting and orientation on reference data sets used for calculations will be provided. The Data Analyst will join a global team working on tracking progress and disseminating results through research bodies, the World Health Organisation and directly with governments through partnerships. Tasks will include collation of AKHS’s quarterly data and reports on carbon emissions across global operations, keeping an excel based-carbon calculator updated with the latest factors for electricity and other elements, such as the supply chain and to be able to customise its features with team. The analyst will be expected to analyse trends, calculate the impact of interventions on carbon and costs and generate infographics to support wide dissemination of results. The Analyst will also be expected to support data analysis with partners.
B.Sc. degree (or equivalent level of professional experience) in science, maths, or another subject requiring regular handling of data.
- Strong record of using MS Excel to build functional models and tools.
- Experienced with building excel tools that require look-up tables, If functions, dropdown lists and conditional formatting.
- Experienced in working with and manipulating large datasets using tools such as pivot tables to generate useful outputs.
- Experienced in data analysis and presenting information using simple to understand infographics.
- Research background with experience of publishing and communications is preferred.
- Should be able to fix coding errors and related problems.
- Strong experience of using dataset to identify, analyze, and forecast patterns and trends.
- Ability to work with non technical staff and support routine data collection and quality checks.
- Attention to detail and ability to forensically trouble shoot problems, debugging and error checking.
- Adept at ensuring that spreadsheets are not just functional but user-friendly for others.
- Ability to clearly explain processes and workings at an appropriate depth to a non-technical audience.
- Ability to write to a high standard.
- Highly organised and able to deliver results according to time-bound deadlines.
Interested candidates meeting the criteria can apply latest by July 16, 2022.